Rice University logo

Transfer Credit Advisors

Transfer credit advisors are faculty members representing various academic departments or programs. They are typically consulted by students who were granted TRAN credit by the Office of the Registrar and now are seeking Rice equivalent credit to satisfy a general or major graduation requirement. There is no reason to seek Rice equivalent credit unless the Rice equivalent course will satisfy a specific graduation requirement not already satisfied by other courses. Transfer credit advisors are the only faculty members with authority to sign an Undergraduate Request for Transfer Credit. Some transfer credit advisors require a course description from the previous institution's catalog, a course syllabus or other documentation of the course material. Each department maintains the right to determine the number and kind of transfer credit it will accept.